Mirosław Tyra, Ph.D., Prof. of NRIAP
phone: 666 081 242
Conducts research, research and development, implementation, dissemination works and training in the field of genetics and pig breeding, concerning particularly
- methods of the evaluation of pig breeding and productive value
- improvement and use of biometric methods, which serve the improvement of pig breeding and productive value,
- the relationships between functional and production traits,
- the evaluation of polymorphism and gene expression of economically important production traits in pigs,
- genetic factors which determine the quality of products of animal origin.
Conducts the tasks in the field of
- the evaluation of breeding and productive value of pigs and publication of the results,
- processing data concerning the results of pig performance evaluation,
- keeping books and records for pigs.
In the field of cooperation in the realization of research and tasks, the Department
- collects the data and administers databases,
- develops forms of access to research results and the results of the evaluation of pig breeding and productive valuegenetycznej i użytkowej świń.
The Department provides technical supervision over functioning of
- the Pig Slaughter Performance Testing Station in the Pawłowice Experimental Station,
- the Institute’s Chorzelów Experimental Station Ltd.
- the Institute’s Mełno Experimental Station Ltd.
Conducts research, research and development, implementation, dissemination works and training in the field of genetics, breeding and use in relation to the breeds included in conservation programmes, concerning particularly
- the improvement of the rules of in situ and ex situ pig conservation using the most recent biotechnological achievements of reproduction,
- reintroduction of native and conservation breeds of pigs in geographical regions of their natural origin,
- the use of the methods of molecular genetics in the study of structure of protected population,
- the evaluation of the quality of products obtained from animals included in conservation programmes.
Realizes the tasks resulting from the Convention on Biological Diversity ratified by the Republic of Poland in the field of protection and sustainable use of pig genetic resources, consisting particularly in
- collecting and management of database on national pig genetic resources (herd monitoring),
- conducting activity in the field of development and supervision over the realization of farm animal genetic resources conservation programmes (accepting herds to participate in genetic resources conservation programmes, record-keeping),
- keeping books of animals included in genetic resources conservation programmes,
- issuing breeding certificates and the certificates of including herds in genetic resources conservation programme,
- cooperation with FAO in the field of the realization of the Global Strategy for the Management of Farm Animal Resources,
- cooperation with national and international organizations and breeders in the field of conservation and sustainable use of farm animal genetic resources, publishing the evaluation of breeding value of the pigs included in conservation programmes.