The study tour “Taste the Vistula Valley Between the Bridges” took place on 20-22 June 2022. It was one of the four trips planned as part of the operation “Choose Food and Trip on the ‘Niech Cię Zakole’ Route”, realized by the National Research Institute of Animal Production in partnership with the Kujawsko-Pomorska Tourist Organization, as part of the National Rural Network Action Plan for 2014-2020, the Operational Plan for 2022-2023.
The trip was attended by 18 people, representatives of tourism sector entities: regional/local tourist organizations, tour operators specializing in domestic and inbound tourism with direct access to niche visitors, who are of interest to us due to further activities after the completion of the operation.
The programme included:
Day One – 20 June 2022
- Participants arrive in Ostromecko – Palace and Park Complex;
- Programme of the visit and lectures:
- Lower Vistula Valley in the Constellations of Good Places;
- “Niech Cię Zakole” Culinary Tourism Trail as a model integrated network product – “a dream come true” experiences and challenges;
- “Dinner Table of Native Tastes” – combined with presentation and discussion of the Niech Cię Zakole brand specialty.
Day Two – 21 June 2022
- Organic cheese-making farm Malinowy Chruśniak – visit at the farm, presentation and tasting of goat and cow milk cheeses.
- Agritourism farm Śliwkowy Sad of Anna and Jan Iwanowski – presentation of the farm and tasting of plum stew.
- Nadwiślańska Chata in Luszkowo with the Mennonite Pantry – visit at the cabin and tasting of Nadwiślańska Chata specialties.
- Botanical Walk explaining the secret charm and rich vegetation of the Lower Vistula Valley.
- Winnica przy Talerzyku – visit at the vineyard, presentation and tasting of wines and cheeses.
- A drive through the Vistula River Valley with a scenic route through Chełmno and Unisław (“Cabbage Valley”) to Czarże and Ostromecko via Mozgowina, which was crossed by Napoleon’s army 210 years ago.
Day Three – 22 June 2022
- Visiting the Ostromecko Palace and Park Complex.
- The Lower Vistula Valley brand in the Constellations of Good Places – round table of tour operators and journalists – seminars.
- Dinner at Ostromecko’s regional restaurant “Table of Złotnicka Pig Native Tastes” – presentation of the table by the restaurant owner.
- Hiking the Lower Vistula River Bend; Gzin – “Ritual Village” with ruins of the castle (Grodzisko LuBoŻerców):
- Trailblazing agritourism farms and charms of Gzin – visits at two agritourism farms. Presentation of offers with tasting of farm specialties;
- Botanical and historic walk to the ruins of the castle.
5. End of the trip
The aim of the operation is to disseminate culinary and tourist offers featuring services and products, resulting from short supply chains, implemented through the programme “From Farm to Table under the Niech Cię Zakole Label”. The operation serves to distinguish and popularize the trail’s offer as effectively and attractively integrating the local potential of products and services offered in rural areas of the trail in connection with nature, landscape, culture and history.
Operation co-financed from the European Union funds under Scheme II of Technical Assistance ‘National Rural Network’ of the Rural Development Programme for 2014-2020 – Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.